Anonymous asked: What can I do to be a less suckish FAAB non-binary person towards transwomen? I would also like to apologize that we in general pretty much suck. I love your blog and how you calmly state your position and rationally back it up. <3
well, i think the same things that we do to support anyone we share community with but have social power over:
- listen when trans women speak.
- believe what trans women say about our own needs.
- understand that we don’t always state things in a way that comes across as rational or calm. trans women are dying all the time and shouting / anger is a totally appropriate response to this situation.
- think about what you’re doing. if its not something that trans women, and particularly trans women of color, are excited about or interested in, maybe consider supporting them in their projects instead.
- center the people who are most at risk and most suffering from oppression. this means housing, jobs, healthcare and support for trans women should be the cornerstones of trans activism - along with the things that trans women in your community state are the most pressing goals.
- support us, back us up, stand up for us. even when its a popular queer who’s abusing us. even when we’re a mess. we’re usually gonna be a mess.
I love this.